Thursday 22 October 2015

Alexandra Lavizzari - Artist Directory



Click On The Images For Information































Books by Alexandra Lavizzari










About Alexandra:

I am a Swiss writer and artist but have spent most of my adult life travelling and living in various Asian countries such as Nepal, Pakistan and Thailand before settling down in Somerset (UK) in 2009. I now live in the old station master's house right on the platform of Bishops Lydeard West Somerset Railway; from the window of my studio I can look directly into the vintage carriages of steam and diesel trains which run between Bishops Lydeard and Minehead; a wonderfully inspiring sight!

Originally a writer I have published several novels and literary essays and two volumes of poetry in German - my mother tongue - and only painted occasionally. Recently though, I rediscovered this art form and am now busy catching up lost time by painting and drawing on a more regular basis. I now work mostly in pastels and oils and specialize in sea- and landscapes of the West Country, but I am also interested in art photography and creating cards with natural materials such as petals, seaweed and feathers. Painting for me means exploring the interaction of color and form in order to create particular moods. I find painting and photography a very challenging and rewarding alternative to writing and am glad that the environment I live in gives me so much inspiration.

I am a member of Somerset Art Works and SCAN - Somerset Contemporary Artists' Network - and have, so far, held various local group exhibitions in Crowcombe Church House, Ilminster Arts Centre and Waterrow Village Hall during the 10 Parishes Festival in the autumn.








Bishops Lydeard, UK - United Kingdom







To see Alexandra's work in the Blog dedicated to churches please click <> HERE <>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.