Saturday 6 December 2014

Marianne Campolongo - Directoty Info










About Marianne:

I inherited my first camera and my love of travel from my grandmother. The Kodak Brownie camera she gave me at age six is long gone, but the wanderlust lives on. Whether I am shooting photographs in my own backyard or halfway around the world, I always feel that I am in my element. Much of my fine art work is photorealistic, but I also love experimenting with textures, composites, and freehand drawing on my tablet to create mixed media photographs.

My photographs have appeared in several juried exhibits at museums, galleries, and other venues including Rising Waters 2.0 at the Museum of the City of New York and hang in the collections of both private and institutional art collectors. I have been published in Smithsonian, Coastal Living, Scientific American, The (London) Telegraph, and dozens of other magazines, newspapers, calendars, and books from Moscow to Manhattan. I feel incredibly lucky to be able to do what I love for a living and to share my work on a global scale.

Though primarily self-taught, I took a year of photography at Smith College where I minored in studio art, and worked as a photojournalist for a local paper after graduation. I took classes at the International Center for Photography while practicing law in Manhattan and was thrilled to have three photos chosen for a student show at ICP, in the very same building where I had first seen work by my photographic hero, Henri Cartier-Bresson. I have also studied at the Westchester Arts Workshop, the New York State Professional Photographers Summer Workshop, and at Maine Media College, where three of my photos were published in a fine art book, Maine Frame Photo Contest.

Exhibitions:

E-Klek-tik at the Riverfront Gallery, Yonkers, NY November 2014

Bridging the Waters at The Outreach Center, Nyack, New York October-November 2014

Rising Waters 2.0 at The Museum of the City of New York, NY, NY December 2013-March 2014

People Uniting through the Arts Raritan Bay Coffee Company, Perth Amboy, New Jersey March 2014

Hurricane Sandy Through the Eyes of Local Photographers at ArtsWestchester, March - April 2013 (juried show - three of those photos then went on to be exhibited in Mount Vernon, NY in a show featuring images from the superstorm).

Shore to Shore at the Shenkman and Peckham Gallery (ArtsWestchester), January - March 2013

Person to Person at The Arts Exchange in White Plains, New York 2010 (juried show)

Photographers of Northern Westchester in Croton-on-Hudson, New York 2011, 2012

Student shows at the Westchester Art Center in White Plains, NY 2005, 2007 and the International Center of Photography, New York, NY 1989.

Want notice of special promos, coupons and exhibitions? Join my email list and/or like my Facebook page. If you purchase one of my photos drop me an email so I can send you an extra special coupon for your next purchase. And if you are looking to purchase more than one photo, feel free to contact me for coupons for a volume discount. Original signed prints are also available.

Although I license some photos here for use on blogs, websites, and publications, etc. most of my stock photos are with other agencies or available through my website www.campyphotos.com so feel free to contact me with questions. If you want a card or poster of one of my images with a particular quote or other text on the front, I am happy to try to accommodate you. And if you see an image on my website that you'd like to see for sale here, shoot me an email.

Please Note: All photographs are Copyright 2006-2014 Marianne A. Campolongo. Downloading or copying the images via screenshot or otherwise is a breach of US and international copyright laws HOWEVER I ENCOURAGE YOU TO POST A LINK to my images via facebook, twitter, google+ or other social media. Like an image? Please click the LIKE button and feel free to leave a comment too. Thanks. The Fine Art America watermark wont be on your purchased photo or card. The watermark is there to discourage copyright violations and to help me track down and prosecute violators.

See Marianne's work in the NY Photography Blog  <> HERE <>








Chappaqua, NY - United States



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.